Friday, July 26, 2013

Who needs 62 hour deodorant?

I have a roll-on deodorant that promises 62 hour protection. I am now worried I am not using my personal hygiene products to their full potential. I spend a lot of time thinking about these products, I'm not sure why, perhaps because they're located near showers and lavatories, places that encourage thinking.

But anyway, I've had 24 hour deodorants, and I've tested them to the full extent of their claims. I may even have put the 48 hour deodorant through its paces by possibly forgetting to apply on a busy morning (I work from home by myself, so don't worry no-one was harmed by these clinical trials).

But 62 hours? Where is this useful? Who is not going through their morning showering routine for 3 solid days?

I can really only think perhaps special forces soldiers having to hide in a swamp for days on end as part of an ambush, and they're going to be eating bugs and any passing squirrels they kill and skin with their bare hands. A fresh feeling of total body confidence probably isn't a priority when they're heading out to work on that particular assignment.

Or, I believe, there's some people who consider that they don't need deodorant (there seems to be a large crossover between this group, and people who don't believe in other people's personal space, unfortunately). Maybe they have moments of self-doubt, but don't want to commit to a daily habit.

I guess the reality is, if you're going to sell deodorant on strength you have to focus on time it lasts, rather than how sweaty the user is.

Nivea for Men, Lee Evans edition anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment